"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Monday, December 10, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: December 10

“Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me but on him that sent me, And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me” ~ John 12:44, 45

“Jesus cried and said …”

He seems always so eager that we get hold of the truth that He has not come to show Himself, but “him that sent me.” There must have been a particular urgency in His voice as He spoke the words that make up our “many-colored pleasant stone” verse at the top of this page. Christ shows a passion to be understood by those He understands so well.

A passion to be understood and received as He is, not as some would have Him be. Jesus is God. Come straight from the Father with, nothing between them but love. The bonds of love that make them One. Jesus was so intent upon having us know that He did not belong to Himself, that He “cried, and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.”

Later in a dark shadowy Garden alone, Jesus cried again, “O Father … not as I will, but as thou wilt.”

Not once did the Lord Jesus act independently of the Father. “I and the Father are one.” When we act independently of Christ, we simply show that we are not one with Him, as He prayed we would be.

“As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I sent them into the world … that they may be one in us … I in them, and thou in me.”

No comments: