"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: November 3

“Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he; before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” ~ Isaiah 63:10

There is depth under depth in this “many-colored stone.” Too many depths for us to see now. But we are his witnesses, and if we are to be convincing witnesses, we must know something of the fact of the unseeable depths of God.

What does it mean to you that Jesus declared Himself to be “the beginning and the end”? Alpha and omega.

Our earth and time bound minds cannot comprehend that there has never been a beginning that was not God Himself! God did not come from anywhere. He seems to care very much that we know this. It must have a great bearing on our concept of Him, because over and over we are reminded that there was no other God before Him. “… understand that I ah me; before me there was no God formed.”

He wants us to know also that He is the end. “… before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” He is the first and the last.

All of creation is God’s idea. If we know God, we know all there is to know now. We will not necessarily have well-worded answers to all questions. But if we know God, we are willing to let the questions wait. After all, He will not only be there at the end. He is the end. Add this to the knowledge of His love we have gained together in this sharing, and rest.

“I amf the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God … God is love.”

No comments: