"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: October 6

“I am my beloved’s, and his desire is toward me. Com, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.” ~ Song of Solomon 7:10, 11

After she has searched with all her heart, sh has found Him, little knowing that all along, He had prompted the search.

There would have seemed no reason to give thanks if, when she finally stopped making excuses, she opened her door to find Him gone. Any yet, there is much about which to rejoice. The lovely lesson has been learned.

They are together again. “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.” In a deeper way, they are one. I can easily see that perhaps for the first time, His love dawned on her “… his desire is toward me.” This seems almost too good to be true. And yet, as someone declared: God’s love is too good not to be true.

Up to then she had obeyed Him most of the time. But part of it must have been from fear or duty, because now there is a new oneness. “I am my beloved’s and his desire is toward me.” Once resting in this new intimacy, she makes what now seems a natural suggestion to Him. Instead of making excuses, she wants to go with Him wherever He goes. “

“Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field.” Anything to be with Him every minute forever, she longs for a new and unbroken fellowship. Oneness. Union with her Beloved. “Let us lodge in the villages.” Live together as one in all our daily lives. She is ready now, to obey His command. Her longing to be in Him as “one with Him” forever, is a result of his Longing to be with her, as one with her forever.

“Abide in me, and I in you … Without me, ye can do nothing.”

No comments: