"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: October 30


“I have just told you this before it takes place so that, when it does happen, you may have faith. I shall not talk over many things with you any more; for the world’s ruler comes. He has no claim on Me; but I act as I do in order that the world may learn that I love the Father and act in full agreement with His orders …” ~ John 14:29-31, Berkeley

Every facet of this “green stone” is heavy with reason for rejoicing. Too often overlooked, perhaps is Jesus’ intimate approach to us. “I shall not talk over many things with you any more …” How wonderful that He does “talk things over” with us. But look more deeply into this “green stone” and see still more glory. Glory for God even in the coming of the “world’s ruler”!

The enemy is about to bring Jesus down in what he hopes is defeat. But on His way to the Cross, where the “world’s ruler” will perform, Jesus makes a statement that lifts our hearts under any circumstances, if we want them lifted. On the way to Calvary, Jesus declares with that singular authority that “he has no claim on me.” If the “prince of this world” has no claim on Jesus, then he has no claim on us either! He can attract our attention, but if we are Christ’s, no-one but Christ has a claim on us. We are given power over any trick of the enemy. We can leave the power unused or we can choose to use it. But it is there. He has no possible way of defeating us unless we help him.

But perhaps the most joy-filled to me [Eugenia Price, the author] is Jesus’ reason for going to the Cross. He makes it clear that the “prince of this world” has no claim on Him whatever. But that He is going through with it to prove the Father’s intention toward us. “I act as I do in order that the world may learn that I love the Father and [that I] act in full agreement with His orders.” God’s love toward us is so great that He orders it proven by the death of His own beloved Son!

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

No comments: