"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: October 2

“I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh saying, Open to me, my sister, my love … for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night” ~ Song of Solomon 5:2

This “green stone” verse is unusually precious to me [Eugenia Price, the author] and without my realizing it, I find we are sharing it on the anniversary of the day He first took me to Himself. On October 2, 1949, I heard “the voice of my beloved … saying, Open to me, my sister, my love …”

My heart will be singing forever because I was given the power to open to Him. I have found Him to be “altogether lovely.” I have found Him every day to be “my beloved and my friend.” If only we would realize how marvelous it is that God calls us as He does.

Think of God’s own voice saying, “Open to me, my sister, my love …” God needs to have access to all that is intimate and dear to us. Surely, He has full right to this access, but being God, He always knocks first. “It is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me.”

God has need of you.

God has need of me.

Wonder to end wonders, that He could need and want us, and yet, He continues to draw us by explaining that “[His] head is filled with dew, and [His] locks with the drops of the night.” Could it be that the Eternal needs shelter in the warmth of our inner selves? Yes, he does. In the earthly sense, He “has no place to lay His head” and so He calls to us to let Him in.

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock …”

No comments: