"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: September 20

“Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; thou hast ravished my heart … How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! How much better is thy love than wine! And the smell of thine ointments than all spices!” ~ Song of Solomon 4:9-10

Only my [Eugenia Price, the author’s] heart can rejoice at this most precious “green stone”! My voice goes dumb at the thought of it. Could the One who is “altogether lovely” look at us and cry: “How fair is thy love … How much better is thy love than wine!” Could this be?

Yes. There is no indication anywhere that we will ever understand love like this toward us, but there is every reason why we must accept His love. Without it life is tasteless and dry. Without the love of God operative in our lives through Jesus Christ, we are people slowly starving to death!

“He who hath the Son hath life, and he who hath not the Son, hath not life.” Jesus Christ is the definition of God’s love. And He loves us even more than our priceless “green stone” verse expresses.

As long as I tried to conceive God as the creator of the vast universe of universes, I could not “accept” Him. As long as I tried to conceive God as the creator of the vast world “not seen” inside the atom, I could not “accept” Him. But then He came to me as Love, saying, “Come with me… Come away… Come unto me,” and I went with Him where He “made his flock to rest at noon,” and “I sat down under his shadow with great delight.” I knew that He loved me for at last I knew it was Christ “whom my soul loveth” He knew His way to my heart, because He created my heart.

“My beloved is mine and I am His.”

No comments: