"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: July 31


“Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?” ~ Isaiah 51:10

I [Eugenia Price, the author] remember one particular visit to a home for the aged where Miss Mary McFarland, one of my dearest prayer partners, lives a life by cheerful miracle. Only a few people have the marks of my dear Mary McFarland’s “cheerful miracle” on their faces.

I will never forget the fear I have seen raging in some dim old eyes. Fear and worry and anxiety storm often within the quiet breasts of the bery old with a raging to rival “the waters of the great deep.”

Mary McFarland’s “cheerful miracle is merely a life any Christian can experience. It is the “miracle” of a live lived deep in God. She prays without ceasing. And her face glows and her life is the “path in the mighty waters” for many with whom she lives. Through her, during a single brief visit, I can walk straight out of my own busy confusion back into the peace of His presence. It seems to me that especially older people, who may seem laid aside, can be very straight ways “in the sea,” if they accept their age and allow the One who has “… made and will bear,” to make creative use of their advancing years. Mary McFarland prays for me every day. It is one of God’s clear paths “in the mighty waters” for me. If you who are aging will permit Him to do it, He will make your last years a “cheerful miracle” too. He will use your life to make “the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over.”

“… I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea …”

No comments: