"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Monday, July 30, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: July 30

“And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs I will carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and I will deliver you” ~ Isaiah 46:4

I [Eugenia Price, the author] have spoken at homes for the aged and have found suffering there of a specialized nature. Along with the pain and weakness of an aging body, there hovers around some beds and wheel chairs a deep rebellion. This is almost a child’s rebellion. It is childlike in the sense that it justifiably cries “Something is twisted I’m old now. I know my body is wearing out, but I should be peaceful. Where is my peace? Someone has done something with my peace! I should have my peace of mind and heart now that I’m old!

Children justifiably expect to be cared for. This is normal. It is also normal for the aged to cry out in rebellion if they’re not peaceful. I will be a very old woman one day, if God leaves me here. And my heart, ev now, longs to store up peace for my old age. I cannot. But I can remind you, if you’re old, that no one took your peace away. It is still there. You’ve misplaced it in your mind. Perhaps you’re giving your attention ot some worry, when you should be giving it to Jesus. He is your peace. “Remember the former things of old.” Has God ever let you down? Even once? Then, will He now? It’s very, very easy for anyone to misplace peace. Peace is not departed from us. He said He would never leave us nor forsake us. We have only forgotten Him. And he reminds us at any age, that ---

“… even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and I will deliver you … Remember the former things of old: for I am God and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.”

No comments: