"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: June 26

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him" ~ Psalm 62:5
If impatience is blinding your vision, hold this little "blue stone" before you --- and wait upon God. Impatience is lack of love in us. And only by waiting upon God, can we know love. Love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit of God, as we are willing to open our hearts go God's touch.

Last autumn I [Eugenia Price, the author] made a note beside Psalm 62:5, and I want to share that note as we share this "blue stone" verse which has so directly to do with your faith and mine.

I made the note while riding on a train, from Chicago up through Wisconsin to Minnesota and across North Dakota and Montana to the west coast. It was the middle of September, and as I looked at the lovely rolling hills in the Wisconsin farmland, I had a distinct feeling that the trees were waiting. Their green was dark and lifeless, but it was still green. And yet I knew that perhaps two weeks later, when I would ride by them again, their waiting time would have passed and all the storm of color would be there. As in as much intensity as the green manufactured by the chlorophyll in the leaves. But when the sap begins to go down in the autumn, the green-making process stops and the waiting period of summer and early autumn comes to an end.

The waiting colors appear and our eyes are dazzled each year as though we were seeing them for the first time. As my train entered the wild beauty of Montana and edged up, up across the Continental Divide, I was another waiting period at an end. The beauty was almost too great to see alone. Just the day before, I saw Wisconsin trees still green. But in Montana, the waiting period was over. The time of color had come! And I marked my bible here ...

"My soul, wait thou only upon God."

No comments: