"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Monday, May 7, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: May 7

"And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in" ~ Isaiah 58:12
Those of us who have seen our part in the crucifixion of Christ, will forever gasp in wonder and glad amazement at this almost unbelievable "blue stone" verse! How my [Eugenia Price, the author's] own faith leaps up when I realize He is also talking to me here.



My "waste places" were so many. Just to know that He has put them forever behind me, just to know He has forgiven me for my destruction is enough. But here is this "Lord of all" pouring down His love in an overflow of promises. My "waste places" were many. My years were eaten by many locusts. But here now is the God who forgave me, adding adoration to adoration in my heart, as He declares that even I "shall be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in."

I dare to claim this promise for you too, as you read this page. "... they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places ..." As I claim it for you, who read my book, you may claim it for your friends or your children or for anyone who falls under your influence. Anyone who "shall be of thee."

Dare to look at the person you were when Jesus Christ saved you. Ask the Holy Spirit to cause you to realize your part in Cavalry.  Remember the times you shook your fist in God's face and grabbed your rights. Recall the screech of your own raw moments of self-defense. See yourself at the foot of the Cross of Calvary and realize that He not only has forgiven you and made you new, He is now saying:

"... thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in ... I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth ... for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it."

No comments: