"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: April 5


"These things I have spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full" ~ John 15:11
What else could Jesus have said to His heartbroken friends that first morning after the victory on the dark little hill but "O joy!" "God was in Christ" there on the Cross "reconciling the world unto himself." And when two are reconciled, they can then be together. Side by side. In love. In one another. "Abide in me and I in you."

"These things I have spoken unto you that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full ... That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us ..."

God created us to belong to Himself. Nothing less than actually being with us can ever satisfy God. But He is a holy God and so He did what He did on Calvary to make it possible for us to be with Him. To make us "holy as He is holy." To cover us with His robe of righteousness. To cover us with His love. To cover us with Himself.  That His joy might be in us. There is no other way that our joy can be full. God knew this because He created us. Oswald Chambers says, "Joy is God in your blood." This Jesus Christ shed His own blood that He might be in us. That our joy might be full. God was in the blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary. God was also in the blood of Jesus Christ that glorious first resurrection morning when He met His disciples and said all He could say at the moment: "O joy!"  He knew what He had done. He knew that, from that moment on, the way had been cleared for Him to be with those He loves forever.

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you ... if it were not so, I would have told you..."

No comments: