"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: April 12


"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you ... At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you" ~ John 14:16-18, 20

This glorious "red stone" contains all there is to realize about the plan of the Christian life. Live with it, let it become the base-stone for all your thinking and you will find your actions have changed. In these lines Jesus assures us that we will never be left destitute. "I will not leave you comfortless..." But more than that, He assures us that within us as Christians, dwells the "fulness of the Godhead boldly"!
I [Eugenia Price, the author] cannot explain this theologically. But I have experienced it. Not in cataclysmic bursts of power usually.  More likely the realization comes in when I least expect it, while stamping a letter, or brushing my hair, or waiting for a train.  Now that I have received Christ as my Saviour, I know that when I take a step, the whole Trinity moves with me.  Can I explain this? No. But I can experience it. And even when I am not experiencing it, I can know it.


Jesus said He would pray the Father to send the Holy Spirit to be within us forever. Then He said He Himself would come. And once more He assures us that He and the Father and the Spirit are one. When I receive Christ's life within me the whole Trinity comes too.


"... It pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell."

No comments: