"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: March 8

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace ... I will make the place of my feet glorious" ~ Isaiah 52:7a and 60:13b
No-one can leave behind the footprints of Christ, unless Christ be in him. No many how many mountains our feet cross, no matter how beautifully we couch the "good tidings" or how magnificently we "publish peace", we can leave behind only the footprints of our "busy selves", unless Christ is dwelling fully within us. This "red stone" has many facets. One or two are these: Our feet can be "beautiful upon the mountains," and the "mountains" can be reached and crossed from a sick bed. I [Eugenia Price, the author] never cross the Rocky Mountains by train or plane that I do not think of my dear friend, Mother McOuat, leaving the truly "beautiful" prints upon the "mountains" she crosses s she brings her good tidings and publishes the peace from her bed in California! Her feet are beautiful upon the mountains. I am at last learning why hers are and some others are not. I am at last learning why some who are out traveling across real mountains spreading the good tidings leave beautiful footprints behind and why others who use the same means and the same words do not. Here is the secret. "... beautiful things upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings ..." But God adds: "... I will make the place of my feet glorious." "I myself will come." Christ in me is my only hope of leaving behind beautiful footprints upon the mountains. Christ in me assures this. Christ in you assures it. For He has said that He will make the place of His feet glorious. If He is doing His own "walking" in us, beautiful will be our feet upon any mountain.
"I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes ... ye in me and I in you."

No comments: