"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: March 7

"Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him? With whom took he counsel and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and showed to him the way of understanding?" ~ Isaiah 40:13, 14
Look who it is who has come to live within us. "I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may be able to abide with you forever, even the Spirit of Truth; ... I will come to you. ... At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." "That day" can be today. We must know that God Himself has come to live within us. And glowing with it's own inner radiance which no danger can put out, our "red stone" for this time reminds us once more what God is like. It isn't that He was just there in the beginning. He is the beginning. "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last." We cannot really grasp this with our minds. But we can be willing to let this grasp our hearts. No-one has taught God. He is all knowledge and learning and wisdom and judgment. And Jesus Christ has been made unto us wisdom! I [Eugenia Price, the author] revel in His simplicity. He does everything possible to simplify things for us. He simply states that He is the beginning and the end. And if we are open to the Holy Spirit's showing us something of what the character of this Jesus Christ is really like, we will find ourselves not even wondering about things at the beginning, nor fretting about things at the end. He is both. He will be there at the end, and he was there at the beginning. He tells us to relax in Him.
"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore ... and have the keys of hell and of death ... I am the first and the last."

No comments: