"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: February 8

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters ..." Isaiah 55:1
Every one that thirsteth ... come. Sometimes in the most impossible places my heart wants me to fall down and weep with thanksgiving that Christ died for everyone "that thirsteth"! Those urges to true worship come when I am suddenly impressed all over again that He loves the whole wide world because He is love and not because we are lovely. Or lovable. Those urges come when I am struck with the wonder that He loved me too. That He loves me right now. Knowing me as He does. Having known me as He knew me all those years before I belonged to Him. Those urges to kiss His feet come most strongly when I know in my heart that His love is universal and wide, stretching out like the arms of the Cross or it would never have included me too. Once I read of a three year old girl who complained because Jesus loved everybody in the world. She wanted Him to love her "best." And in reality, He did. In reality He loves me "best" of anyone. Because God is love. He can love us all "best." His love is wide with no charmed circles. And yet his love is so wide that we are each in a charmed circle of our own with Him whose we are, because He bought us with His own life. And this love has been shed abroad in our hearts, causing us to want Him to call "every one that thirsteth." There is no other requirement but thirst. If we thirst, we are invited to come. Invited by Jesus Himself.
"... If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."

No comments: