"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: February 25

"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all" ~ John 18:38
Perhaps you are not convinced, as you "share my pleasant stones," that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God. That the only way to the Father is by faith in this same Jesus. No doubt, most who read this will be His ... but some of you have written to me [Eugenia Price, the author] after reading one or more of my other books, and I know you are still searching. You stimulate me and force me to learn more of what He is really like, and I do thank you from my heart. Believe me, I don't condemn you for not believing. I am the last one who should do that. My heart aches over your indecision because I can feel it with you. This "stone" is surely for non-believers. But those of you who are His own, may well examine it too. We are guilty of doing as Pilate when we disobey. Many persons quite sincerely ask, as did Pilate, "What is truth?" But before they are willing to enter into a personal relationship with the One who is Truth, they "go out again" and say in effect: "Well I looked into Christianity, and I found Jesus a very admirable person, but I am not convinced that He is God." "Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he said this, (with no more knowledge of Jesus) he went out ... and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all." Many persons inquire, find no fault in Him, but go out again still searching. Unless we take His word for it that he is "the way the truth and the life," we not only go out again unfulfilled; we fall into Pilate's fatal trap, as the years go on. We listen to the crowd roar, and fearing what they will say about us, we follow Pilate. The "clear stone" cuts deeply in the first verse of the next chapter: (John 19:1).
"Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him."

No comments: