"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Friday, December 14, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: December 14

“… I have loved thee with an everlasting love …” ~ Jeremiah 31:3b

Throughout the Old Testament we read of God’s attempts to show His people about His love. Over and over He said to them “Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”

Over and over again we saw God watched over them and waited until he knew it was the “fullness of time.”

In the fullness of time, God visited the earth as one of His people. God became a human being. A life of a quality and kind never before seen in man came to be among men in the Person of Jesus of Nazareth. And this Coming showed God’s love in a way that it had never been shown before.

Jesus did not come proclaiming God’s love. He came defining it. He came as love.

He came demonstrating the things Isaiah wrote of the One who was “wounded for our transgressions … bruised for our iniquities.” He did not do what he did to prove Isaiah right. Isaiah had simply been right in what He saw of God’s heart. The little Baby in the manger at Bethlehem was this One who “poured out his soul unto death… who bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.” All in the spirit of love. Because He is love.

“I was not rebellious, neither turned away back, I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting … I have loved thee with an everlasting love …”

No comments: