"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: November 28

“So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia. For from them you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not speak to anything. For ye are our glory and joy” ~ 1 Thessalonians 1:7-8; 2:20

What a really gay “color” the Holy Spirit has worked into this “pleasant stone.” It is one of my [Eugenia Price, the authors] favorite “colors” because I know the feeling of light-hearted thanksgiving to God because some of you who are reading this page today have proven “your faith to God-ward” so that I “need not to speak anything.”

There is no joy to compare with the joy of seeing the great contagion of Christianity at work, shining out from the victorious lives of new Christians who, even when they stumble, always stumble God-ward!

I stumble too. But when I fall into the “paralysis of too much self-analysis,” the Lord causes me to think of one then another whom I have watched Him take unto Himself forever. I remember you, if you are one of these, and “ye are examples to all that believe,” including me.

This is a bright, clear-colored “pleasant stone.” A gift directly from the hand of God.

“For ye are our glory and joy.”

No comments: