"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: September 30

“I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk; eat, O friends, drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved” ~ Song of Solomon 5:1

The Lord has been welcomed in the secret garden of her life here. She can rejoice.

If He has been welcomed in the secret garden of your life, you can also rejoice. The fruits and spices of your garden were made available to Him freely. He gathered His myrrh, and He ate His honey and drank His wine with His milk.

The Lord, in telling you this, is giving you a new manifestation of His love for you. If we could imagine it, He is thanking you!

But immediately, He feels free now to turn to His friends who are in need and invite them to come into your garden. Up to now this has been a close, love-filled, satisfying intimacy between your soul and the lover of your soul. What will you do now that your Beloved has thrown open the gate of your garden and invited His other needy ones to do as He has been allowed to do?

He calls them “beloved too.” Is this all right with you? Or do you want to hold Him only to yourself and lock the gate against outsiders who might not understand your particular form of worship of your Beloved? This will not please Him. He has bought you with His blood and He has a right to feed you to anyone whom He knows is hungry!


“… Eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly…”

No comments: