"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: August 14


“I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest” ~ Psalm 55:8

God will wait for us until we are honest. Until we truly cry for deliverance. Unatil we are ready to receive it. And to use it.

“I am the beginning and the end.” God is not in a hurry. He lives in eternity. But He also understands about our time. A day and a thousand years are the same in His reckoning., but He never forgets for one minute that you and I are bound and held by one minute following another in a certain way we have devised. He knew when we began to live in “time.” He is God. He lived in it once Himself for thirty three years. He “remembereth that we are dust”” also and so He is not surprised at the heart cry in the “”purple stone” verse above.

“I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.” God knows when we are suffering and longing for escape from the suffering. “God was in Christ” on the Cross – suffering. In time and in eternity too. “The lamb was slain before the foundation of the world.” And then one day in “time,” John the Baptist “seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world. This is he …”

God completely understands about the hang rope of time and about our suffering when we cannot escape it. God hears your cry to escape. He hears and He replies:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God … and the Word was made from flesh, and dwelt among us … Before Abraham was, I am … I am Alpha and Omega … I am with you always … I have called thee by name; thou art mine … wait thou only upon God.”

No comments: