"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: July 23


“O my soul, thou hast trodden down strength” ~ Judges 5:21b

From the dynamic experience of is own changed life, Paul writes “When I am weak, then I am strong.” And yet we go on complaining in weakness, and wonder at those who seem to be able to “lay hold of the strength” Paul writes about.

The “purple stone” verse from Judges which we are sharing today explains much of our seeming weakness. At least, I [Eugenia Price, the author] have come to see that I have “trodden down strength” in my own life by refusing to act as though I really believe in Jesus Christ.

Perhaps it is God’s infinite wisdom in operation in my life in these days as I write through our “purple stones,” perhaps not. But He is certainly making creative use of the somewhat ironic seeming events in my own life as I write. In His infinite wisdom, He is redeeming fresh suffering which I am experiencing as these pages are set down. I must finish this book at a certain date and there is no time for the “luxury” of a period of dramatic conflict. No time for rebellion. But at any other period in my Christian life, I probably would have fallen rather willingly into the pit of discouragement. Sharing these pages with you has shown me that I don’t need to “tread down strength” like that ever again. With the vicious thumping little hoofs of discouragement, over and over again “my soul … hast trodden down strength.”

There is so much more for us to see about redemption. And we must be willing to see for ourselves and not wait any longer to be shown.

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness …”

No comments: