"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Precious Stone Devotional Meditation: June 16

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God ..." ~ Colossians 1:14, 15a
We only have a few more "blue stones" left to share. But perhaps these will do much to show us how to step aside and stop hindering the flow of faith in us toward God. Faith is God's idea, just as we are God's idea. We did not "think ourselves up." God did.

And then He did the most glorious thing of all. He came to earth to be one of us in the person of Jesus Christ. "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.." In all our pleasant stones, we find facets which point us to the wonder of what God did when He revealed Himself in Jesus. It is before and behind all Christian faith. Unless we know this, we have no creative faith.

We can only lay hold of God through Jesus Christ. And here, once more, my [Eugenia Price, the author's] own faith rises within me as I look deeply into the "blue stone verse at the top of this page. Here I see, not only the story of a Redeemer who bought me back from myself by His own blood; I see also that this Redeemer is the "image of the invisible God"! I can know nothing of God for sure, except when I see in Jesus. My heart sings because of this. The more I look at Jesus, the more I see I never need to know any more about God than what I see in the face of Jesus Christ.

"For God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

No comments: