"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: June 18

"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" ~ Colossians 1:17
Over and over again I [Eugenia Price, the author] have placed my fingers on the keys of my typewriter to write of this "blue stone" verse. Nothing came until I stopped long enough to ask God to turn off some of His glory.  Words are such feeble, stubborn things at best. And God is God and indescribable. He will not "remove his kindness" from us, however, and so here is something of what comes to me as I look at this little, power-packed verse.

I see into the words of Jesus Himself: "Before Abraham was, I am." Only good could have made such use of such small words. I see also into more words of Jesus Himself: "I am the beginning and the end."

I see that I can trust Him most especially when "ll things" around me are in ghastly, nerve-tearing turmoil. I can trust Him and I will trust Him in quiet, confident faith if I remember this "blue stone" verse. "He is before all things ..."

I can give thanks in "all things" and fear nothing because before "all things" were, Jesus was! And I rest my faith still deeper in the assurance that "by him all things consist." By Him all things hold together. Are held together. By Him.

"And He is the head of the body ... who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead: that in all things he might have the preeminence."

No comments: