"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: June 10

Note: Laid up and have been prostrate from a knee injury, my apologies for the absence of the daily readings. Catching up today and tomorrow.

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him" Colossians 2:6
Here is a "blue stone" verse that relieves me [Eugenia Price, the author] of the altogether futile attempt to whip up my own faith. "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord..."  How did I receive Him? In a wonderfully helpless condition! I saw to my great horror that I was in desperate need. I was lost in every sense of the word! I was thirty-three years old and ashamed to begin running  this way and that, crying at the sky, "Do something. Somebody do something to find me!"

But I felt that way. And in that moment of utter need, I threw myself upon Christ! I received Him as my Saviour, knowing in my heart that I could do absolutely nothing to save myself. But knowing that I needed desperately to be saved.

I received Him in complete need. In helplessness. And the inevitable, quiet relief followed only minutes later. At last I could stop running. At last I could Rest. I could stop being embarrassed at my need.  Since then I have seen that I can rest as I walk with Him too. In the midst of anything. I have come to Him and as He promised, He has given me rest. I realize and benefit from this rest as long as I walk as I  received. In complete and entire dependence upon Christ. Rejoicing in my need.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."






No comments: