"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: May 27

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" ~ Colossians 2:16-17
I [Eugenia Price, the author] know I have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. I know that nay effort on my part to make myself Christian by observing this and that, is futile. I have the Word of God for that. God tells me that all these things, rituals and holydays and sabbath days and new moons, are shadows. Unreality.

Reality is Christ Himself. The real thing casts the shadow but we are not to depend upon the shadows. My faith rests upon the one who Himself has already redeemed me and what I drink or what I eat or when I do either is now beside the point. "... which things are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."
Here I understand the word "body" to mean the reality of Christ Himself. The substance which casts the shadows. Men followed the shadows until reality in the Person of Jesus Christ came to earth and died on the Cross, pouring out very real blood to redeem men once and for all from their very real dispositions of sin.

Let the shadows flee away now.
"... now Christ is risen ... The Lord is risen indeed."

No comments: