"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: May 20

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" ~ 2 Peter 1:2, 3
Here is a "blue stone" verse which I {Eugenia Price, the author] prize highly. It has made it simpler for me to lay hold of the faith I have been given.



Peter has used the word "through" in two instances here, both of which let enough light shine through to make this a noticeably brilliant "stone." "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." This lets me know once and for all that grace and peace will be mine only through finding out what God is really like. When I am sure of His intention toward me, I am peaceful. When I am sure of His intention toward me, I am willing to take the grace which this knowledge of Jesus Christ assures me is always flowing toward me.

Using the same word "through," Peter goes on to say that "according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness through the knowledge of Him," we are to accept this gift and begin at once to partake of the very life of God which has been put within us.

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature ..."

No comments: