"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: May 9

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear" ~ Isaiah 65:24

Tucked between the words of this "blue stone" verse, I [Eugenia Price, the author] have always found amazing assurances.. I cannot adequately put these assurances into words. They are much more than a promise to me from God that He will hear my prayers. They are much more than a promise that He already has my answer ready for me, even before I make the request. These assurances are strangely nameless.

During the time my dear friend, Ellen Riley, was guiding me carefully and kindly to an acceptance of Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour, I read this verse for the first time. I did not read it in the Bible. I had never read the Bible. She knew I was adamant about "text-flingers." She had to talk to me and write to me for a long, long time without using any Scripture verses at all. But once a the close of a very lighthearted letter, way down at the bottom of the page, she wrote simply:

" .... before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

I felt my heart squeeze a little. Desperately I needed to be answered. Desperately I needed an answer. And a new longing was begun with that verse which I didn't even know was from the Bible.  If your heart lings, He has answered.

All along He has known your longing and He has known just when you would call. He has been waiting for you to voice your longing. Go ahead and ask Him with no fear that He will not understand or that He will not hear. Ask Him right now.

"... and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Ask, and it shall be given to you ..."

No comments: