"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: March 21

"Now... when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end. And the supper being ended ..." ~ John 13:1, 2
Jesus waited until after supper. Because being God, He understands us fully. He told them when He was here on earth, only as they could receive them. He had the poise and the strength to wait. He never blurted out more than the wondering disciples could cope with. Even on the day when He "knew that his hour was come," He still waited for after supper. He is not only merciful, He is all mercy. And He is all love. "... having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end." He loves us exactly the same way. And He still knows just how much we can take. Long before I [Eugenia Price, the author] became a follower of Jesus Christ, I would sit Sunday night after Sunday night and listen to a marvelous negro choir, and my heart longed most intently when they sang, "He Knows Just How Much We Can Bear!" I was "bearing" it all alone in those days. And I was being broken by it. I longed to be "simple enough" to believe that someone else knew about me. My life was so much too much for me most of the time and it seemed as thought it would be "just like heaven" if someone else really understood about it. Now I know that He knew all along and was just waiting for me to be ready to give up my burden to Him. Now, I also know that "having loved his own," He will love me to the end. He will love you to the end. And He Himself is the end. Let it go, whatever it is that is "too much" for you right now. Let it go over onto the shoulders of the Son of God who will never rush you in any direction you cannot bear. He knows all about you. No matter what is up ahead, He will wait for you, "until after supper." "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."

No comments: