"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: February 5

"... It is finished ..." ~ John 19:30
What did Jesus mean when He said that? He meant so much more than we will know until we are with Him forever, and He meant so much more than we could express, if we could know. But concerning our co-crucifixion with Him on Calvary, concerning the true meaning of "I am crucified with Christ," I [Eugenia Price, the author] must share with you on this page two dazzling "clear stones" which God gave me to light up my dark mind during the first of almost fearful days when I was trying to lay hold of real freedom. I came upon them in two most unexpected places. I had just read Dr. F. J. Huegel's great book Forever Triumphant, in which he described the power released on Calvary at the moment of Christ's death as a kind of radium to kill the cancer of sin in us. I strained to understand this. Desperately I needed to get hold of it. And then, riding alone on a train from Oregon to Chicago, the great truth of God's gloriousl power to kill grasped me.
"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive ..." ~ Deuteronomy 32:39
My heart leaped up with joy. Suddenly I knew what I had read so often, that ressurection life can only come out of death. Tears of relief forced me to stop reading, but I asked God for one more assurance. Several hours later, just before I went to sleep in my pullman room that night, suddenly these words were "tapped lightly" by the Holy Spirit and another "clear stone" revealed itself to me forever.
"The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up ... he bringeth low, and lifteth up" ~ 1 Samuel 2:6,7
My false self has been crucified with Christ. That's why Jesus could cry with such certainty when He died: "... It is finished ...".

No comments: