"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pleasant Stone Devotional Meditation: January 18

"... If any man come after me ..." ~ Luke 9:23
I [Eugenia Price] have dedicated this book to one of God's greatest ladies, Anna Mow, who first impressed upon me the fact that every normal person is born with a "chooser." Most of us never use our "choosers" enough to develop their "muscles," but we all have them. Jesus recognized this fact, of course. "... Without him was not anything made that was made." He was right there when all the component parts of the human mind including a "chooser" were conceived in the mind of God. "I and the Father are one." He knows about the necessity of our choosing. However, being one with the Holy Spirit also, Jesus was not ignoring the fact that we must be empowered by the Holy Spirit in order to choose God's way. We have all the power we need to choose the Devil's way. That comes "naturally." But still our "choosers" are to be in operation under the power of the Spirit according to the plan of God, and for a reason we cannot fathom, He continues to respect our free wills. That is why Jesus said: "If any man will come after me ..." We must choose! Not only must we decide what it is that we must have changed in our thought lives, we must decide to let God change it. When we choose to be delivered, we are given the power to follow Him in the deliverance process whatever it costs. You and I can cast out those wrong thoughts at once in the Name and in the power of Jesus. Again, we have the Lord's own word for that:
"... I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

No comments: