"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Friday, December 16, 2011

One Death Paralyzes, One Death Frees...

What a difference a year makes... Last night I lost a friend an mentor, a Christian sister who was the bestower of many blessings in my life for the short time I knew her. My friend Margaret was 90 and a half. She taught me a lot about Celiac's disease and we fellowshiped together for a year. I had a surgery 4 weeks ago... and 3 days after my surgery she was diagnosed with bladder cancer. She was a fiercely devoted woman of God and strong in devotion and faith. The end of her prayers with me (we would take turns) was, "Lord lift us, uphold us, guide us sustain us, in Christ's name amen." She passed away last night succumbing to her cancer... but she received many blessing and shared them with me. Jesus has a way of healing... giving us what we need. I am grateful today for the undeserved and unexpected gift of my friend Margaret and my heart, soul, spirit and lips are full of praise. Her life and faith blasted me back from the desert and the tears I shed today are not for her loss... because I know with all certainty that she has rejoined those in heaven. The tears were gratitude.
"Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.” ~ Revelation 14:13
I can finish what I started, I have been freed by the walk of grace and faith of my friend. I intend to finish the Raising the Standard Series in memoriam of my friend. There are about 14 more key points so hold on to your hats... Even in my silence for most of this year... I am encouraged by the views and visits. Father God, as I endeavor to accept the challenge You put on my spirit, let thy will be done that my hands are free to do your will. And Lord, for all who read here lift us, uphold us, guide us sustain us, in Christ's name amen.

No comments: