"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again....

The last couple of months was a mad flurry of obligations and events... including a relapse on alcohol, powering it out and seeing a commitment through to completion, an unexpected turn of events that resulted in more testing on my health... and something had to give. So it was this blog. But I'm a dual member of SMART and Christians In Recovery... and it seems that just as my spiritual life is not likely to be described as conventional.... my recovery journey from alcoholism, codependency, PTSD, DID, and ADD isn't either. The genie is out of the bottle... I am in a place where our Lord has guided me to a place where I am able to accept on a rational level that I have co-occuring behaviors, but that I am quite fortunate to be in this place and time to learn to cope effectively and even to live free from these detriments... it has been a journey. Next up in the godly virtues... is Decisiveness. Blessings, The Albatross

No comments: