"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." ~ Deuteronomy14:2

Monday, December 1, 2008

P.U.S.H. - Pray Until Something Happens

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” ~ Hebrews 4:16
A prayer warrior/Intercessor is willing to PUSH: “Someone who has the power to say to Satan---MOVE, someone who is willing to P.U.S.H.(Pray until something happens!
Pray until something happens. A couple of years ago, I heard a pastor say that you should only pray for something once. I tried in vain to follow that notion but I kept finding myself going back to the same thing and praying over and over again for it. I would sometimes start my prayer out with, “In the name of Jesus, Father God I know that you are the Almighty and you encompass everything. I know that I have prayed for this before and I am sorry to be praying again about it. I know God that you have already heard my prayers but I am still looking for the answer.” Next, my prayers would be something like, “In the name of Jesus, Father God I am worried because I have not seen the answer to my prayers yet.” Finally the prayers would be, “In the name of Jesus, Father God I have come to you with my prayers and I am going to keep coming to you until I see the answer. Your word state, (I would quote the scripture), and I am standing on that. In the name of Jesus, I know that you are preparing great and wonderful things for me and You have the answer to my prayer. In the name of Jesus, I am just asking you for patience while I wait for your answer.” Believe it or not, I usually got the answer to my prayer after the last prayer that I just shared with you. I had to give up on the notion to just pray for something once because I finally realized a couple of things. First, each time I am praying, I am still developing the relationship between God and myself.
"Each time I am praying, I am asking Jesus to step in. Each time I am praying, I am giving up the battle and turning it over to the Lord. Each time I am praying, I am learning more and more scripture. Each time I pray, I develop some strength and power."
The first couple of my prayers I was faint and begging - At the end of those prayers, I developed some power and strength. Did you see what just happened? The birth of an Intercessor/Prayer Warrior.” ~ Author Unknown
“A prayer warrior can pray for a thing to be done without necessarily being willing for the answer to come through himself; and he is not even bound to continue in the prayer until it is answered. But an intercessor is responsible to gain his objective, and he can never be free till he has gained it. He will go to any lengths for the prayer to be answered through him. But once a position of intercession has been gained, tested, and proved, the intercessor can claim all the blessings on that grade, whenever it is God's will for him to do so.” ~ Rees Howell
Dear Lord, I love You, I worship You, and I adore You. I praise Your holy name. Lord, it is my desire to stand in the gap on behalf of others. Therefore, I ask that You bring to my mind and heart those things for which I should thank You, praise You, and petition You. I desire to intercede for others. Please use me in this way, O Lord, this I ask in Your holy name, Amen.
Dear God, burden my heart with a desire to pray for others. Give me love for those in need and the grace to respond to Your command to pray for them. Help me to know that intercessory prayer is a central part of Your work in the body of Christ. Guard me against a lazy spirit that would neglect to pray for others. Add Your power and grace to my prayers and use me as an instrument of Your love. Help me to be faithful to intercede for all whom You bring before me in prayer. Help me to see that this is Your will for me. Thank You for calling me to this ministry. May every petition I bring before Your throne glorify You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: